RENPET Network Residencies
RENPET Network Residencies
For the academic year 2023-2024 UACES early-career members can apply for RENPET network residencies allowing them to undertake extended research stays at a university in the RENPET network. Details about the scheme are below.
You will find the application forms available to download on the right of this page.
The RENPET network invites applications from PhD students and Early-Career Researchers (within 5 years of their PhD) working in EU Foreign Policy, EU external relations or related fields to apply for bursaries to support an extended residency (2-3 months) at one of the following institutions:
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (contact: Prof Beata Przybylska-Maszner)
- ARENA Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo (contact: Prof Helene Sjursen)
- Danube University Krems (contact Dr Heidi Maurer)
- Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (contact: Dr Robert Kissack)
- KU Leuven (contact: Dr Kolja Raube)
- Leiden University (contact: Dr Niels van Willigen)
- London School of Economics (contact: Dr Federica Bicchi)
- Maastricht University (contact: Dr Gergana Noutcheva)
- Sabanci University (contact: Dr. Senem Aydın Düzgit)
- University College Dublin (contact: Prof Ben Tonra)
- University of Kent (contact: Dr Tom Casier)
The bursary is for €2,300 (towards accommodation and subsistence costs) + travel (up to a maximum of €270). Bursaries are intended to be used to travel outside the country in which you are currently studying/working.
Applicants must either be a member of staff or student at one of the above-named universities or a member of UACES by the time they submit their application in order to be eligible to apply.
How to apply
Residencies will be awarded on a competitive basis and assessed through a blind peer-review process. Applicants must demonstrate the added value to their (post)doctoral project of the proposed residency. Successful applicants will be expected to produce a blog post for the RENPET web-platform following their residency and are encouraged to join other RENPET activities
There will be a maximum of 2 bursaries awarded between September 2023 and December 2023.
Students/Researchers will need to get in touch with the contact person of the RENPET host university (see list above) to discuss their project and access to facilities. UACES will need to see confirmation from the host institution that they are willing to host the residency.
The deadline for the 2023-2024 RENPET residencies is 30 April 2023.
What does the bursary cover?
The RENPET bursary is ONLY available to pay for the actual costs of:
- travel to and from your research destination
- accommodation at your destination
- food at your destination
- local transport at your destination
- Any covid related costs (eg tests)
All other ancillary costs should be covered by the student undertaking the residency
Please note that the RENPET bursaries do not cover:
- Costs related to visas or visa applications
- Any university fees related to the residency
- Medical and travel insurance
Residencies can take place between 1 September 2023 and 31 December 2023. The deadline to apply is .30 April 2023.