European Studies Society Funding
European Studies Societies
UACES offers funding to its student members to support the work of their society or group related to the study of Europe. This funding opportunity is available throughout the year.
How the funding works
UACES offers funding to its student members to support the work of their society or group related to the study of Europe.
There are 5 awards of up to £300 available per year to support a variety of activities which could include:
- Organising an event or conference
- Support costs for a guest speaker
- Promotion of the society within your university community
- A field trip for members of your society
- Support costs to set up a website
These are just some ideas – you may well have other innovative ideas about how the money could be used.
- The applicant must be a student member of UACES
- The applicant must also be a member of the society or group for which they require funding
- The society or group must be registered with your university’s student union (or equivalent)
- The funding requested must be solely used for the purposes of supporting the society’s work.
- Funding can be used to cover travel costs, accommodation costs, speaker fees, venue hire, catering, printing, costs of hosting a website, costs for hosting a virtual event.
- Funding cannot be used for evening meals, the purchase of alcohol or to cover staff costs.
- The funding can only be used to support educational activities and cannot be used for political purposes.
How to apply:
To apply, please complete the application form which must include a comprehensive budget.
We’ll need to know:
- What you are planning to do with the funding
- How the project will benefit your society or group
- Any outputs which you expect to produce
- How you will publicise UACES’s involvement with the project and the benefit to UACES of supporting it
- How much money you are asking for
- Detailed budget showing how the money will be spent
Funding will be paid in 2 stages: 50% at the beginning of the project and 50% following the project’s completion. A report must be submitted to UACES alongside all original receipts for the expenses incurred.
There will be 2 deadlines per year for European Society funding. These are 1 September and 1 March each year. Decisions will be announced by 1 October and 1 April respectively.
If you have any questions about this funding please contact Emma Marlow: firstname.lastname@example.org.