Sport&EU 16th Annual Conference
The 16th Annual Conference of the Association for the Study of Sport and the European Union will take place in Switzerland, in Lausanne - the Olympic Capital since 1994.
We invite Sport&EU members and non-members to submit paper and/or panel proposals that analyse the three broad pillars of EU Sport Policy as defined in the current work plan: Economic impact of sport, social inclusion in and through sport, and sport integrity.
Contributions from diverse disciplines (law, politics, social sciences, philosophy etc.) are accepted. Papers related to the EU and the Olympic Movement, as well as those with an interdisciplinary background are particularly encouraged.
We have identified the following topic priority areas:
- Institutional dynamics in EU sport policy design and implementation
- Competition policy and legal issues in sport
- The integrity and governance of sport
- Sport policy and politics in non-EU states
- Equality and diversity in and through sport
- COVID-19 and its impact on sports governance
- Online and blended teaching and learning in sport related subjects
- Olympic movement’s current challenges and opportunities
- Tribute to Stephane Kesenne
For the 2022 conference delegates will have the opportunity to present two types of papers:
- Short 10’ papers: presenting new ideas, comments on cases, early work, etc. These papers might be fundamentally empirical, with authors seeking feedback on early analysis, possible follow up or theoretical contribution
- Full 20’ papers: These should be more elaborate papers and appropriate to an academic context. It is expected that authors include aims, methods, result and discussion.
Paper proposals (both short and full) will be reviewed by a Scientific Committee of the Sport&EU Association.