NextGenerationEU – Europe’s Recovery Plan One Year On
State of play after the first year of implementation
The EU’s long-term budget, coupled with NextGenerationEU (NGEU), the temporary instrument designed to boost the post-COVID-19 recovery, was adopted on 17 December 2020. NGEU is to be the largest stimulus package ever financed in Europe.
This online conference will discuss its first year of implementation. Special focus will be given to the novelty of its legal construction and national constitutional perspectives. Borrowing and lending under NGEU will be presented and the question of new own resources and challenges for budgetary control will be discussed.
- Novel legal construction of NGEU
- Recovery and resilience facility
- Ratifications of national recovery plans
- Implementation of borrowing and lending under NGEU
- Challenges for budgetary control and the fight against fraud