UACES (University Association for Contemporary European Studies) is the global membership organisation for academics, students and practitioners who are interested in all aspects of Europe and the European Union.
Our principal activities include:
- Organising events and conferences
- Providing funding for our members' research activities
- Collaborating on the publication of books and journals
- Supporting a range of Research Networks
UACES is a Registered Charity in England and Wales (no. 1163773). The object of the Association is to advance education for the public benefit through the promotion of teaching and research in contemporary European Studies.
- New members are always welcome; view the benefits
- Apply for funding
- Present your work at our annual conference
- Publish your work in our journals and book series
- Set up a blog on Europe
- Join the Graduate Forum if you're a PhD student or early-career researcher
- Find us on Twitter and Facebook
Change to Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
From 1 December 2015 the Association became a CIO with the name UACES. UACES is a Registered Charity in England and Wales (no. 1163773).
A CIO is a relatively new form of legal entity designed specifically for charities in England and Wales. The new CIO wholly took over the operations of UACES from 1 December 2015 onwards. The main intended benefits of the new entity compared with the existing unincorporated format are that is has a separate legal personality, the ability to conduct business in its own name, and limited liability for members and trustees. The new CIO will, as far as possible, replicate the current operational structure of UACES with more developed governance structures.
Previously, UACES, with the name University Association for Contemporary European Studies was a Registered Charity in England and Wales (No. 274470).