Terms and Conditions
Funding of up to 150 GBP will only be offered to those who meet the eligibility criteria laid out below. There are up to 50 funded places (up to 150 GBP) available for the DTA. Funding is only awarded to delegates who are currently studying for their PhD or who have submitted their PhD within the last three years (at the time of the event).
Funding will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Conditions of Funding
- Delegates must register and accept their funded place by 18 November 2022;
- Funding is conditional upon attendance. Delegates must attend both morning and afternoon sessions on the day of the conference (3 December). You will be required to sign in on the day of the event;
- Funding is only available to PhD students and Early Career Researchers who are currently registered with a recognised university and whose research is in European Studies of a neighbouring field (e.g. Politics, IR, History, Sociology, Economics, Law, Public Policy, Cultural Studies, etc.) with a focus on contemporary Europe or the European Union;
- We cannot contribute towards accommodation expenses for anyone who is registered at the University of Surrey.
UACES is offering up 150 GBP per delegate towards expenses associated with attending the DTA. Funding can only be used to cover the following:
Travel will only be eligible for funding if it takes place between 2-4 December 2022;
5. We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel;
6. If you are unable to attend the event due to changes in covid restrictions or because you have to self-isolate we may still be able to reimburse you for your travel costs only. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in these circumstances.
Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel or B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
7. Accommodation will ONLY be eligible for funding between 2-4 December 2022. If you book multiple nights, the maximum funding available will still be 150 GBP for the entire stay including your travel;
8. We are unable to provide reimbursements for accommodation if you are unable to attend the event for any reason, therefore we would advise you to book a room which allows for free cancellation.
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend the full event.
- Delegates may only submit ONE claim for up to 150 GBP of expenses.
- Claims can be made electronically by emailing a claim form and either the digital receipts or scanned copies of the originals to email@example.com. Receipts/tickets should clearly show the date of purchase and (if applicable) the date of travel, as well as the costs incurred;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by bank transfer for UK-based and Eurozone-based delegates and by PayPal for all other delegates. Please set up a PayPal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one.
- Claims must be submitted between 4 December 2022 and 13 January 2023.