Terms and Conditions
Funding available, for up to 50 delegates, subject to the Conditions of Funding:
- 150.00 GBP towards travel and accommodation (see points 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 below)
Conditions of Funding
1. Funding is conditional upon attendance;
2. Funding is only available to undergraduate, masters-level and PhD research students, and Early Career Researchers (within three years of their viva) who are currently registered with a recognised university and whose research is in European Studies or a neighbouring field (e.g. Politics, IR, History, Sociology, Economics, Law, Public Policy, Cultural Studies etc.) with a focus on contemporary Europe or the European Union.
3. We cannot contribute towards accommodation expenses for anyone who is registered at a university in Barcelona.
4. Travel will ONLY be eligible for funding if it takes place between 13-16 January 2022;
5. We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
6. If you are unable to attend the event due to changes in covid restrictions or because you have to self-isolate we may still be able to reimburse you for your travel costs only. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in these circumstances.
7. Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel or B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
8. Accommodation will ONLY be eligible for funding between 13-16 January 2022. If you book multiple nights, the maximum funding available will still be 150 GBP for the entire stay including your travel;
9. We are unable to provide reimbursements for accommodation if you are unable to attend the event for any reason, therefore we would advise you to book a room which allows for free cancellation.
10. Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend the full event (you will be required to sign in);
11. Please keep all original receipts/tickets as you will need to supply these with your claim form for travel and/or accommodation expenses (we keep the receipts);
12. For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy and bring it with you to the conference;
13. Expenses will be reimbursed by bank transfer for UK-based and Eurozone-based participants and by Paypal for all other participants. Please set up a PayPal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
14. Claims must be submitted between 15 January 2022 and 31 January 2022. You can submit the completed claim form (including receipts/tickets) in person at the DTA, or after the event by email.