In the framework of the LAwTTIP Jean Monnet Network, the King's College London Centre of European Law (CEL) invites submissions for the 1stYoung Researchers Workshop.
This four-days' workshop, which will be held in London on 17-20 October 2018, will consist of a training school for young researchers and doctoral students who will have an opportunity to discuss their work with highly regarded scholars and publish a short paper in a dedicated issue of the LAwTTIP working paper series. The Workshop will also provide the opportunity to the young researchers working in the same field to create ties and share ideas and experiences.
The Workshop has a small and intensive format. Each participant will prepare a paper related to the topic of the EU FTAs, with specific focus on investment protection. The oral presentation of the papers will be followed by a group discussion that will help the young researcher to write the final version of her/his work.
The paper presented by young researchers will be assessed and reviewed by key staff members of the network and invited experts.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following set of issues:
- Investment protection in the EU FTAs;
- Reforming dispute settlement in trade agreements;
- Broadening horizons: The trade and investment relationship between EU and its Asian partners;
- The difficult relationship between EU law and investment arbitration;
- Enforceability of labour and sustainable development clauses in the EU FTAs.