The JCER is an open-access, online journal published by UACES in association with the Graduate Forum. We publish articles in the subject area of contemporary European studies which includes, but is not limited to, European integration, European public policy, comparative studies, culture and EU external relations. The Journal enables PhD students and early career researchers to disseminate their work alongside established scholars.
What does the JCER publish?
- Research articles (7,000 to 8,000 words) in the field of contemporary European Studies;
- Commentaries (2,000 to 3,000 words) which critically examine the literature and research direction of a particular topic of interest;
- Book reviews (up to 1,500 words).
In addition to traditional research articles, the Editors are also keen to publish material on:
- Teaching, Outreach and Engagement (in the European Studies context);
- The unique insights that can be offered by practitioners (e.g. the personal memoir by Sir Michael Franklin).
Sumbit an Article
If you would like to submit an article, or act as a peer reviewer, you will need to register and log-in on the JCER site.
This journal provides immediate open access to readers of its content (no log-in required) on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.