One of the aims of NORTIA, the Jean Monnet Network on Research & Teaching in EU Foreign Affairs, is to promote PhD students and early-career researchers. In early 2018 NORTIA - with the support of UACES - opened a competitive call for its bursaries to visit one of the NORTIA partner institutions for a 2-3 months research stay.
After a competitive selection process, we are very pleased to congratulate the following colleagues on their NORTIA early-career residencies 2018:
- Daan Fonck (KU Leuven) is visiting the EUI in autumn 2018 and will continue his interesting work on the role of the European Parliament (EP) as a diplomatic actor. Read about his plans here.
- Dorina Baltag (Maastricht University) is going to visit the University of Kent, Brussels Campus in autumn 2018 to continue her project on “EU Diplomacy in Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus after the inauguration of the EEAS”.
- Eleonore Heimsoeth (LSE) is visiting the EUI during the summer months 2018 to continue her research on the role of the EEAS in European foreign policy making. Watch to learn about Elenore´s experience so far here.
- George Lamb (Liverpool John Moores University) is going to visit UCD in autumn 2018 to continue his research on British and EU perspectives on the EU’s common foreign and security policy (CFSP) 2010-2016 and the implications of Brexit.
- Irena Kalhousova (LSE) is going to intensify her research about the Central European Visegrad countries (the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia) and their relations towards Israel at the EUI in summer 2018. Read her report here.
- Irina Petrova (KU Leuven) has been visiting the University of Kent in late spring 2018 to work on her project about Contestation between the EU and Russia in their shared neighbourhood. You can read more about Irina´s project here.
NORTIA will organize a second call at the end of 2018 (deadline 1 February 2018) for research residencies to take place between September 2019 – March 2020. Watch the NORTIA newsletter and the UACES email list for the call announcement.