European Studies Syllabus Clinic: Best Practices and Hands-On Innovation
Sunday 1 September 2019, 13:45-16:45
University of Lisbon, Portugal
Room: Anfiteatro 4
Organised by the UACES Teaching Working Group
The event is free but registration is required.
The event is now full. Please email admin [at] uaces.org to be added to the waiting list.
A new academic year, a new round of teaching, of preparing course materials, of identifying what sources and literature we want our students to engage with. And there is never enough time: to go back to all the great ideas that one collected at the end of the last course, to venture out to look for new and engaging materials, or to experiment with innovative teaching practices.
The 2019 UACES teaching workshop aims to support and inspire our community in our endeavours to revise and innovate our courses and syllabi by encouraging the sharing of best practices and the discussion of practical hands-on teaching innovation. In two consecutive group sessions, we will discuss:
- WHAT we teach in our course and
- HOW we teach and facilitate learning
The workshop will be focused around interactive group sessions. Delegates will need to select in advance which group session they will join.
- Group 1: European Foreign policy and EU External Relations led by Sandra Dias Fernandes, University of Minho and Heidi Maurer, University of Oxford
- Group 2: EU Law led by Maria Luisa Sanchez Barrueco, Deusto Law School and Rachael Dickson, University of Strathclyde
- Group 3: Introduction to EU politics led by Karolina Pomorska, University of Leiden and Chris Huggins, University of Suffolk
- Group 4: EU policy-making and policies led by Paul Stephenson, Maastricht University and Viviane Gravey, Queen´s University Belfast
If you are registered for the workshop you will receive an email with instructions on how to make your selection. If you have not received this email please contact us.