Terms and Conditions
UACES Graduate Forum Conference 2019
Funding will only be offered to those whose paper proposal was accepted following the Call for Papers. There are up to 50 funded places available at the conference. Funding is only awarded to delegates who are currently studying for their PhD or who have submitted their PhD within the last three years (at the time of the conference).
Funding will be allocated following paper-selection.
Conditions of Funding
- Funding is conditional upon attendance. Delegates must attend both days of the conference (8-9 July 2019);
- Funding is conditional upon providing a research paper (6000-8000 words) to the participants in the delegate's research panel (e.g. fellow papergivers, chair and discussant) by 24 June 2019;
- Funding is also conditional upon submitting to UACES one of the following items for online publication: a completed research paper (6000-8000 words), a blog post, a podcast, a video or policy brief. The deadline is 24 June 2019 (unless you have explicit written agreement from UACES to submit at a later date, or to participate in a recording during the conference);
- By sending us a paper, blog post, podcast or policy brief, delegates give us permission to display the submission on our website, before, during and after the conference until at least 31 December 2021.
There will be up to 140 GBP per delegate available to cover travel and accommodation;
- Travel will ONLY be eligible for funding if it takes place between 6-11 July 2019 for travel to/from Manchester;
- Our definition of travel includes flights, airport transfers, trains, metro/bus etc.
- We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
- Accommodation will only be reimbursed for two nights for stays between 7 and 10 July 2019. If you stay in Manchester for any further nights you will need to cover these costs yourself.
- Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel, student halls, AirBnB (or similar) or a B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
- We cannot contribute to accommodation costs for those registered at a university in Manchester (including Manchester Metropolitan University and The University of Manchester).
REIMBURSEMENT (FOR TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES)
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend both days of the full event;
- Please keep all original receipts/tickets, because you will need to supply these with your claim for travel and/or accommodation expenses (UACES will then keep the receipts);
- For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy to submit with your claim;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by bank transfer for UK-based students and by PayPal for non-UK students. Please set up a PayPal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
- Claims must be submitted between 9 July 2019 and 30 July 2019.