Terms and Conditions
UACES Graduate Forum Conference 2018
Funding will only be offered to those whose paper proposal was accepted following the Call for Papers. There are up to 50 funded places available at the conference. Funding is only awarded to delegates who are currently studying for or who have submitted their PhD within the last three years by the time of the conference.
Funding will be allocated following paper-selection.
Conditions of Funding
- Funding is conditional upon attendance. Delegates must attend both days of the conference;
- Funding is also conditional upon the provision (to UACES) of a completed research paper (6000-8000 words), a blog post, podcast, video broadcast or policy brief for online publication. The deadline is 28 June 2018 (unless you have explicit written agreement with UACES to submit on another day, or you have been explicitly invited by UACES to participate in a recording during the conference).
- By sending us a paper, blog post, podcast or policy brief, delegates give us permission to display the submission on our website, before, during and after the conference until at least 31 December 2020;
- Funding is conditional upon providing a research paper (6000-8000 words) to the participants in the delegate's research panel (e.g. fellow papergivers, chair and discussant) by 28 June 2018. This still applies to delegates who choose to send a blog post, podcast or policy brief for online publication.
There will be up to 140 GBP per delegate available to cover travel and accommodation;
- Travel will ONLY be eligible for funding if it takes place between 11-15 July 2018 for travel to/from Leuven;
- Our definition of travel includes flights, airport transfers, trains, metro/bus etc.
- We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
- Accommodation will only be reimbursed for two nights for stays between 11 and 14 July 2018. If you stay in Leuven for any further nights you will need to cover these costs yourself.
- Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel, student halls, AirBnB (or similar) or a B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
- We cannot contribute to accommodation costs for those registered at KU Leuven.
REIMBURSEMENT (FOR TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES)
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend both days of the full event;
- Please keep all original receipts/tickets as you will need to supply these with your claim for travel and/or accommodation expenses (we keep the receipts);
- For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy to submit with your claim;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by cheque for UK-based students and by paypal for non-UK students. Please set up a Paypal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
- Claims must be submitted between 13 July 2018 and 3 August 2018.