Terms & Conditions
Funding available, for up to 50 students, subject to the Conditions of Funding:
- 100.00 GBP towards travel and accommodation (see points 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 below)
Conditions of Funding
- Funding is conditional upon attendance;
- Funding is only available to postgraduate students and early career researchers (within three years of their viva) who are currently registered with a recognised university (both UACES members and non UACES members), and whose research is in European Studies or a related field (e.g. Politics, IR, History, Sociology, Economics, Cultural Studies).
- We cannot contribute towards accommodation expenses for any student who is currently registered at a University within Greater Manchester;
- Travel will ONLY be eligible for funding if it takes place between 3-6 November 2017;
- We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
- Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel or B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
- Accommodation will ONLY be eligible for funding between 3-6 November 2017. If you book multiple nights, the maximum funding available will still be 100 GBP for the entire stay including your travel;
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend the full event;
- Please keep all original receipts/tickets as you will need to supply these with your claim for travel and/or accommodation expenses (we keep the receipts);
- For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy and bring it with you to the conference;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by cheque for UK-based students and by paypal for non-UK students. Please set up a Paypal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
- Claims must be submitted between 4-17 November 2017.
If you have any questions about the funding available, please email email@example.com BEFORE the conference and BEFORE you spend any money.
Note: The registration fees are in pounds sterling. This means that if you use a non-UK credit or debit card, or non-UK PayPal account, the amount you pay will depend on the prevailing exchange rate. However, any refunds that we process will also be in pounds sterling and will also depend on the prevailing exchange rate. When exchange rates are relatively stable, the discrepancies in the amounts are usually trivial; when exchange rates are fluctuating the amounts can be more significant (i.e. the amount you are refunded may be less than the amount you paid).