The Simone Veil Research Centre for Contemporary European Studies- National Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence for research and learning of European Studies, will convene on Monday, 27h of May 2019 for the annual Conference of Young Researchers in European Studies in Israel. Early career researchers (M.A, PhD students as well as Postdoctoral researchers) from different fields engaged in European studies, including history, sociology, anthropology, politics, economics, law and communication, are invited to submit their abstract proposals. The panels will be chaired by leading international scholars in European studies, providing participating students with a valued opportunity to present their research, gain valuable insight and engage with researchers in their fields of interest.
- Immigration, refugees and diasporas in Europe.
- The "other" in Europe and the "European other".
- European identity and identities in Europe.
- European economic integration from a historical perspective.
- The foreign policy of the European Union.
- National and supranational politics in the continent of Europe.
- The EU's institutions: historical perspectives and renewed outlooks.
- Chapters in European history.
- The interest of the state versus the goals of the EU.
- The EU's enlargement policy.
- Comparative and political economy in the EU.
- The European demos: fiction or reality?
- Islam in Europe - towards integration or assimilation?
- Development programs and their influence on immigration, rule of law, economy and democratization processes.
- A joint battle? - struggling against terror in Europe.