What is the Student Forum (SF)?
The Student Forum aims to provide postgraduate students and early-career researchers working in European Studies with useful resources for their research and builds networks between those from different universities, different countries and different academic disciplines. The Student Forum is the graduate research branch of UACES, which celebrates its Golden Anniversary this year.
Each year, the Student Forum holds two events especially for postgraduate and early-career researchers. These are:
The Annual Research Conference – An event which provides a friendly environment to gain experience of presenting research and develop contacts with other researchers in their field.
Doctoral Training Academy – An event which looks at the PhD process itself and aims to provide practical advice for students at all stages of their PhD.
The Student Forum provides the opportunity to publish articles on the Crossroads Europe blog.
UACES Student Forum is affiliated to the online, open-access JCER: the Journal of Contemporary European Research, which encourages submissions from PhD and early-career researchers.
How can I join?
Postgraduate and early-career researchers in any field of European Studies can get involved with the Student Forum, wherever you are based:
- Join the EuroResearch email list
- Follow @uaces_sf on Twitter and on Facebook for CfPs and announcements
- Attend a Student Forum event
- Become a Student Member or Early-Career Member of UACES, to receive a range of benefits and support in your academic career, and to connect with the wider UACES community of academics and practitioners.
The Student Forum is run by a committee of UACES Student and Early-Career members. They work together with the UACES committee to organise events and conferences for graduates and to represent the voice of graduate researchers within the Association as a whole. The Student Forum Committee is made up of (usually) five Student and Early-Career members of UACES.
The current Student Forum committee are:
- Quincy Cloet, Aberystwyth University
- Thibaud Deruelle, University of Exeter
- Kamila Feddek, University of Glasgow
- Andi Hoxhaj, University of Warwick
- Anna Wambach, Newcastle University (Chair)
Committee members’ responsibilities include organising the Student Forum Annual Research Conference, liaising with the UACES Committee and managing the Euroresearch mailing list.
Committee members are elected by members of the Student Forum, electronically via the Euroresearch email list and in person at the annual Student Forum Seminars in November.