There are three different types of UACES membership - Individual, Student and Group. Below is a list of all the benefits available to UACES members of each type.
Individual (Standard) Membership
- Members' discount on UACES-run events
- Apply for Small Event grants
- Eligible to apply for funding for Collaborative Research Networks
- Access to the UACES members' email list
- Discounts on a wide range of books and journals
- Receive the digital UACES Newsletter
- A listing on Expert on Europe
- Eligible for the UACES Best Book prize
- Publicity for your books in the UACES newsletter and on our website
- Eligible to vote in UACES elections
Student members are entitled to the same benefits as above with the exception of funding for Collaborative Research Networks. In addition, student members are:
- Eligible to apply for the UACES Scholarships
- Eligible to receive travel support for selected events
- Eligible for Student members' discount on UACES-run event
- Eligible for the UACES Best Thesis prize
Student membership is applicable to anyone currently studying for a PhD or masters degree. Please note, postdoctoral researchers must apply for Individual membership.
- Up to ten staff/students can attend UACES-run events at the members' rate
- Apply for Small Event Grants
- Any member of staff or student can join the UACES members' email list (with their University email address)
- Free advertisements on the Jobs Board for positions in the department
- Two copies of the newsletter sent to the department
- A profile for the Department on the UACES website
Group membership covers staff and students within an organisation.
For a University, we define an organisation as a Department, a Centre, a School or a Faculty within the University, not the University as a whole.