UACES Scholarship Eligibility Criteria (4 scholarships available)
To be considered, your application must satisfy ALL of the eligibility criteria.
- You must be a UACES Student member - please note that membership of the EuroResearch email list or the UACES Graduate Forum does not constitute membership of UACES;
- Your research project must be in the 'Contemporary European Studies' subject area (we define 'Contemporary' as post-WW2, and 'European Studies', as typically, but not exclusively, an aspect of European Integration or related areas);
- You must be a postgraduate student (typically a PhD student; possibly other postgraduate courses that have a very strong research component);
- Scholarship funds must be used for field work that occurs between 1 February 2019 and 31 July 2019 (applications for trips outside of these dates will not be considered).
There is no restriction on nationality.
UACES is committed to improving the diversity of those applying for and being awarded scholarships. As such, in 2019 one scholarship will be reserved for a student who meets the above criteria and is:
- From a BAME background AND/OR;
- Is enrolled at a university outside of Europe and North America AND/OR;
- Is studying for a PhD in a discipline not traditionally associated with UACES (eg anthropology, cultural studies, philosophy etc)
If you think you meet at least one of these criteria, please indicate this on your application form.