Applications are open for 2019
The NORTIA network invites applications from PhD students and Early-Career Researchers (within 5 years of their PhD) working in EU Foreign Policy to apply for bursaries to support an extended residency (2-3 months) at one of the following institutions:
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
- ARENA Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo
- Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals
- KU Leuven
- Leiden University
- Maastricht University
- European University Institute
- University College Dublin
- University of Kent
The bursary is for €2,300 (towards accommodation and subsistence costs) + travel (up to a maximum of €270).
Applicants must either be a member of staff or student at one of the above-named universities or a member of UACES in order to be eligible to apply.
Residencies will be awarded on a competitive basis and assessed through a blind peer-review process. Applicants must demonstrate the added value to their doctoral project of the proposed residency. Successful applicants will be expected to produce a blog post for the NORTIA web-platform following their residency.
There will be a maximum of 5 bursaries awarded in 2019.
Students/Researchers will need to contact someone at the host university to discuss their project and access to facilities. UACES will need to see confirmation from the host institution that they are able to host the residency.
The NORTIA bursary is ONLY available to pay for:
- travel to and from your research destination
- accommodation at your destination
- food at your destination
- local transport at your destination
All other ancillary costs should be covered by the student undertaking the residency
Please note that the NORTIA bursaries do not cover:
- Costs related to visas or visa applications
- Any university fees related to the residency
- Medical and travel insurance
Residencies can take place between 1 September 2019 and 31 March 2020.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 1 February 2019.
Please submit your completed application form via email to Joshua Barritt at UACES: email@example.com