Terms & Conditions
- Funding is conditional upon attendance;
- We can offer up to 90 GBP towards eligible travel expenses and up to 50 GBP towards eligible accommodation expenses. These funding amounts are not transferable (i.e. if your travel is relatively cheap, you can't transfer the unused amount towards accommodation);
- Funding is only available to postgraduate students who are currently registered with a recognised university;
- We cannot contribute towards accommodation expenses for any student who is currently registered at a University within London Transport zones 1-6;
- Eligible accommodation is either a hotel, hostel or B&B. We cannot reimburse students who stay with friends or family;
- Travel will only be eligible for funding if it takes place between 19-25 November 2013;
- We can only contribute towards the cost of economy class travel.
- Reimbursements will only be made to those who attend both days of the event;
- Please keep all original receipts/tickets as you will need to supply these with your claim for travel and/or accommodation expenses (we keep the receipts);
- For electronic receipts, please print an extra copy and bring with you to the conference;
- Expenses will be reimbursed by cheque for UK-based students and by paypal for non-UK students. Please set up a Paypal account in advance of the conference if you do not already have one;
- Claims must be submitted between 22 November and 6 December 2013.
- For cancellations received on Thursday 14 November 2013 or earlier, we will refund 100% of any monies received;
- We would not normally offer a refund for any cancellations received after Thursday 14 November 2013.
Note: The registration fees are in pounds sterling. This means that if you use a non-UK credit or debit card, or non-UK PayPal account, the amount you pay will depend on the prevailing exchange rate. However, any refunds that we process will also be in pounds sterling and will also depend on the prevailing exchange rate. When exchange rates are relatively stable, the discrepancies in the amounts are usually trivial; when exchange rates are fluctuating the amounts can be more significant (i.e. the amount you are refunded may be less than the amount you paid).
If you have any questions about the funding available, please email admin [at] uaces.org before the conference and before you spend any money.